This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Why did a full rescan delete all files in local collection

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
lindad
Registered Member
For the first time in a few months I wanted to listen to my music in Amarok. The only music it would play was a radio station. Any other file produced the message that the file does not exist. I read a few "help" suggestions which suggested a reconfigure/full scan. Which I did. Now the local collection is completely empty - except for the radio station. ??? As far as I know, I have no backup for this music. I have Amarok version 2.8.0 KDE version 4.13.3 Qt version 4.8.6 phonon version 4.7.80.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
well, that can have several reasons, the most likely is that your database is not accessible anymore.

Which distribution do you use?

Starting amarok in debug mode with
Code: Select all
amarok -d --nofork
might show eventual errors.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
lindad
Registered Member
How does this happen? "database is not accessible anymore". I just did the "debug" action and it produced dare I say hundreds of lines of stuff - which I don't understand. Thank you for your help. I guess I've lost it all...
Mamarok
Manager
OS
well, you could save that output in a file and upload it, say, in a bug report, so we can have a look at it. The command would then be
Code: Select all
amarok -d --nofork > output

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
lindad
Registered Member
I think I filed a bug report with the attachment from the terminal; although, I believe it was still working on it at the time, so I sent what was evident. Again, thank you for looking into this.
nickkefi
Registered Member
OS
Not showing the songs in the amarok collection does not neceserily mean that the files are deleted. have you searched for the files with a file manager (dolphin)?