This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Amarok not playing music streamed from Ampache

Tags: ampache, amarok ampache, amarok ampache, amarok
(comma "," separated)
calcmandan
Registered Member
OS
Hey folks.

I did a full reinstall of Kubuntu 15.10 with KDE 4.14.13 and Amarok 2.8. Prior to the reinstall, Amarok was streaming normally from my Ampache server with the ampache plugin.

Most of the files on the server are ogg and a small percentage are mp3. For some reason I can't get Amarok to play the music. When I launch Amarok in debug mode I get the following output when attempting to play a file added to playlist from ampache:

amarok: [EngineController] URL: KUrl("https://www.mydomain.net:443/ampache/play/index.php?ssid=balbalbla&type=song&oid=2071&uid=4& player=api&name=Mandalay%20-%20This%20Life.mp3") "https://www.mydomain.net:443/ampache/play/index.php?ssid=blablabla&type=song&oid=2071&uid=4& player=api&name=Mandalay%20-%20This%20Life.mp3"
amarok: [EngineController] Offset: 0
amarok: END__: void EngineController::playUrl(const KUrl&, uint, bool) [Took: 0.004s]
amarok: END__: void EngineController::play(Meta::TrackPtr, uint, bool) [Took: 0.005s]
amarok: END__: void Playlist::Actions::play(quint64, bool) [Took: 0.005s]
amarok: END__: void Playlist::Actions::play(const QModelIndex&) [Took: 0.005s]
amarok: END__: void Playlist::PrettyListView::trackActivated(const QModelIndex&) [Took: 0.005s]
amarok: [EngineController] slotTrackLengthChanged( -1 )
amarok: BEGIN: void ProgressWidget::redrawBookmarks(const QString*)
amarok: END__: void ProgressWidget::redrawBookmarks(const QString*) [Took: 0s]
amarok: MPRIS2: Queueing up a PropertiesChanged signal
amarok: [EngineController] slotStateChanged from Phonon::LoadingState to Phonon::StoppedState

So from my limited understanding of the above output, Phonon isn't loading.

Otherwise, Amarok plays normally. It'll play local music files just fine. It streams radio from other sources... Also, Ampache streams to everything else as it has been for a year. To my phone, through the web client... Just not amarok.

I attempted to get help at kubuntu forums but no one bit after a week, figuring no one could help. So I'm here.
calcmandan
Registered Member
OS
Should've posted this in amarok help. Sorry.
calcmandan
Registered Member
OS
If I'm missing useful information that I wasn't aware of, please let me know and I'll delighted to do so.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Can you actually play a local track in Amarok? then this has nothing to do with Ampache, check you have phonon and the phonon backend installed correctly, as well as the gstreamer bad and ugly plugins if you use the gstreamer backend (for gstreamer 1.0, mind you).

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...