This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Context Panel blank

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
raulmontagne
Registered Member
OS

Context Panel blank

Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:38 pm
I installed Amarok from ppa of Pedro (Pedro de Carvalho Gomes: https://launchpad.net/~pgomes/+archive/ubuntu/amarok?field.series_filter=focal).
The central panel, the context panel, appears just blank, nothing to add or set.

Kubuntu 20.04
KDE Plasma Version 5.18.5
KDE Frameworks Version 5.68.0
Qt Version 5.12.8
Kernel Version 5.4.0-66

I just used the installer (aptitude install amarok) and no error was reported.
Any insight?
should I installed from source (from the .tar.xz file)? using cmake and all the instructions here:https://community.kde.org/Amarok/Development/Compiling
Guess that I have to change the instructions, where it says kde4 put kde5
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Context Panel blank

Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:53 pm
There is no such thing as KDE5, this should be replaced by Plasma or kf5. Sadly the complete installation instructions need an overhaul, not sure this is still relevant, I haven't used it in years. Since Pedro updates his PPA on a very regular basis this shouldn't be needed anyway,.

Strange you have a blank central panel though, I use Pedros PPA as well, although on a more recent Kubuntu installation than you, and my panel shows.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
raulmontagne
Registered Member
OS

Re: Context Panel blank-Solved  Topic is solved

Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:54 pm
Find the problem!!! and solved!
I run amarok from terminal with -d option. I found message of missing icons (same messages as I run xdg-open from a terminal)
I was using another ser o icons! I set in the "Settings" the "Humanity" set of icons. I changed to the "Oxygen" set. I erase all the amarok settings (in .config, .kde, .local so on and so forth) .
I have now a fully operational amarok. Great job! Thank you all of the team.