This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Transfer playlist to MTP device (Creative Zen)

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
AndyMcGowan
Registered Member
Hi mates,
I've been a 1.x user for several years and now I've switched to 2.x and I'm quite happy about it!

Just one problem: I'm not able to transfer playlists (nor cd covers) to my Creative Zen, MTP device...
any suggestions please?

thanks and keep going!
xevix
Registered Member
I'm glad you noticed!  Yes, both of those are being implemented as a Google Summer of Code project this northern-hemisphere summer, so stay tuned.
AndyMcGowan
Registered Member
so there's nothing left to do but wait?
AndyMcGowan
Registered Member
any news about MTP devices playlists support in the new beta?
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
While going Save Playlist > Save to media device is still broken, I found that saving it to disk, then browsing to it and going "Copy to Collection > Media Device" worked. MTP support was still a bit flaky however. But that could be related to my libmtp version.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
AndyMcGowan
Registered Member
bcooksley wrote:While going Save Playlist > Save to media device is still broken, I found that saving it to disk, then browsing to it and going "Copy to Collection > Media Device" worked. MTP support was still a bit flaky however. But that could be related to my libmtp version.
hi bcookley,

I've tried to follow your hint but couldn't really understand how to do it... can you please clarify?

thanks a lot!!!
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Andy, did you upgrade to the 2.2.0 version already?

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
AndyMcGowan
Registered Member
hi Mama,

of course! (and I find it really cool!!!)
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Andy, my nick is Mamarok, I am not calling you differently neither, please respect that.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
AndyMcGowan
Registered Member
I didn't mean any disrespect, sorry!
(Mama in italian stands for mommie, that's all)
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Lo so! Solo che non sono una Mama e preferisco il mio nick :)

AndyMcGowan
Registered Member
:p

eheh, ok!

so we can go back to playlists :)
AndyMcGowan
Registered Member
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Not much I can add to this, sorry, and the current media devices maintainer is very busy elsewhere, so you will need to be patient.