This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Can someone test this mms stream from a no-openSUSE distro?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
RedDwarf
Registered Member
OS
Hi,

this stream doesn't works with Amarok (neither with Dragon Player, I don't know of other Phonon player): mms://a1830.l830120550.c8301.e.lm.akama ... ctor:20550
Works with xine-ui, mplayer, vlc and Totem (GStreamer). But no in Amarok, neither with the xine nor with the gstreamer Phonon backend.

I can "mplayer 'mms://a1830.l830120550.c8301.e.lm.akamaistream.net/D/1830/8301/v0001/reflector:20550' -dumpstream" to save it to a file (ideally should be renamed to .asf or .wma extension) but that makes no difference.
Just to know if it is openSUSE specific or not... someone could test it in Fedora, Ubuntu or any other distro? Thanks.

P.S. This subforum description says "Bug Reports, build problems, support requests". Does that mean there is no need to file a bug at bugs.kde.org?
P.S.2: I'm using the latest KDE 4.3 from the openSUSE Build Service KDE:KDE4:Factory:Desktop repository on openSUSE 11.1 x86-64.
google01103
Manager
I can tell you that in Amarok 2.2-git it plays with xine backend

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

RedDwarf
Registered Member
OS
I have just tested with openSUSE 11.1 x86-64 + KDE:KDE4:Desktop:Factory + Amarok GIT (20090813) from KDE:KDE4:Playground (yes, the one built against KDE:KDE4:Desktop:Factory)... and doesn't works.

From your signature, this is exactly the same thing you tested, true? No idea what could be happening then but I'm going to just forget about this since it seems a problem in my system.

Edit: Deleted everything with phonon or amarok on its name from my ~/.kde4 folder and now works fine... also in Dragon Player.
google01103
Manager
I am running last week's factory and Amarok git from 8/3 (try not to compile too often as I get weird directories created in / - something's wrong in my pathing or a system variable)

When you compiled Amarok were there any error messages or messages saying some requirement was not found and therefore a particular functionality would not be available?

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

Ignacio Serantes
Registered Member
OS
Works using GStreamer Phonon Backend too. openSUSE 11.1 64 with KDE 4.3 and Amarok 2.2-GIT with some multimedia packages from Packman.

Radio 3, una buena emisora :).

Ignacio Serantes, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Nov.
RedDwarf
Registered Member
OS
google01103 wrote:When you compiled Amarok were there any error messages or messages saying some requirement was not found and therefore a particular functionality would not be available?

I didn't compiled anything, used Build Service packages. But I checked the build log and everything was active.
Anyway, it is weird that the config files made this... but since there is no problems since I deleted them I'm already happy.

Ignacio Serantes wrote:Works using GStreamer Phonon Backend too. openSUSE 11.1 64 with KDE 4.3 and Amarok 2.2-GIT with some multimedia packages from Packman.

Radio 3, una buena emisora :).

If you like the GStreamer Phonon backend note that openSUSE is going to change the default to xine for 11.2. If you want to say anything in favor of GStreamer this is being discussed on the opensuse-kde ML.

La verdad, no conozco Radio 3, sólo fue el primer enlace MMS que encontré cuando alguien se quejó de lo mismo en el foro de openSUSE :-p

P.S. How it is that I ask for non-openSUSE tests and everybody that answers uses openSUSE? xD Every KDE user is also using openSUSE? :?
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Using current Amarok 2.2-git build of today, Kubuntu 9.04 with KDE 4.3, phonon-xine-backend:

The stream works fine here.

And no, not all KDE users use OpenSuSE :)

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
Ignacio Serantes
Registered Member
OS
RedDwarf wrote:If you like the GStreamer Phonon backend note that openSUSE is going to change the default to xine for 11.2. If you want to say anything in favor of GStreamer this is being discussed on the opensuse-kde ML.

I think that xine is the default backend yet in openSUSE 11.1 but I change to Gstreamer because, in my PC, seems to works better and some plasmoids don't play video using xine.
I don't have problems with default configuration because, usually, I change a lot of things.

RedDwarf wrote:P.S. How it is that I ask for non-openSUSE tests and everybody that answers uses openSUSE? xD Every KDE user is also using openSUSE? :?

Probably because you don't explain that you known that this stream works in openSUSE and wan't to test if it works in other distributions.

Ignacio Serantes, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Nov.