This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Album multiple times in "Various Artists"

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Rasputin
Registered Member
OS
Hello,

I am using Amarok-2.2-rc1 on gentoo. I had an Album with various artists, which was shown for each artist seperately with the tracks from that artist.
First thing I tried was to select all tracks belonging to that album in the playlist, rightclick and "Show under Various Artists". That did not show all tracks under various artist, but only for those belonging to the artist under the cursor, so I had to do this for every artist on the album. (This I consider a bug).
After doing that, the album was shown correctly under "Various Artists" in the collection browser, but not once, but "number-of-artists"-times, but containing all tracks from all artists each. (This I consider another bug ;) ) This problem does not exist with the "experimental unified view".
Rasputin
Registered Member
OS
Hi, just want to note that these bugs are still in current git. Should I post an official bug for this?

-Rasputin
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Rasputin wrote:Hi, just want to note that these bugs are still in current git. Should I post an official bug for this?
Not necessary, we know about that :)

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...