This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Amarok hangs when scanning collection

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Morientes2000
Registered Member
I just installed kubuntu 9.10 and want to try amarok 2.2. Unfortunately it hangs at 16 % when scanning my music collection. My collection is on an NTFS disk if it might provide some hints.

Any suggestion to what might be wrong?
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Did you search the forum?

Try with the keywords 'Amarok NTFS', it gives me non less than a hundred matches.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
markey
KDE Developer
OS
Morientes2000 wrote:I just installed kubuntu 9.10 and want to try amarok 2.2. Unfortunately it hangs at 16 % when scanning my music collection. My collection is on an NTFS disk if it might provide some hints.

Any suggestion to what might be wrong?

For all practical reasons NTFS is a perfectly normal filesystem (supports all important features), so it's probably not related to that.

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
Morientes2000
Registered Member
I tried to search but I couldn't find any help. WHen I start Amarok from terminal, I get a lot of these:

TagLib: MPEG::Header::parse() -- Invalid sample rate

What does that mean?
markey
KDE Developer
OS
Morientes2000 wrote:I tried to search but I couldn't find any help. WHen I start Amarok from terminal, I get a lot of these:

TagLib: MPEG::Header::parse() -- Invalid sample rate

What does that mean?

It doesn't mean anything, for all practical purposes. TagLib prints warnings like these all the time.

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
Morientes2000
Registered Member
Ok, then it seems the scanner goes on for a while and then just suddenly stops.
Any other ideas what might fix the problem?
I would really like to try the new Amarok soon, the old one, 1.4, is definitely my favourite music player of all time, but Amarok 2 seems to be good also.