This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Dynamic Playlists question

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
MelonBlue
Registered Member

Dynamic Playlists question

Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:55 am
Hey guys of this great piece of software,

I have currently 128 rated tracks, at least 120 of them rated over 3. Now I set up a dynamic playlist: Fixed quota (the first one in the list, I translated literally..) of 100% for songs of the rating over 3. 7 songs to be queued in after playback, 13 to be there following the currently played one.
And now: I almost every time get duplicates. 5 Minutes ago it was most ridiculous: I had 5 (five!) times the same song in the list.
Anything I can do about that? Actually what I'ld love is a playlist that is somewhat half-dynamic. Like Rhythmbox that has a dynamic playlists for all songs rated, even if only by a star, and sorting it thereby. But I see that this is not within the idea of Amarok. I can cope with that, but having the same song played 5 times in a row is somewhat bad.
Any hint or help or such?
Thanks!
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Dynamic Playlists question

Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:24 pm
And what exact version of Amarok are you talking about?

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
MelonBlue
Registered Member

Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:20 pm
Oh sorry, forgot to edit:
2.2.1 on Kubuntu Karmic
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:31 pm
Hm, there is some work going on currently for the Dynamic Playlists, since we lacked a maintainer for it before. But now we have a new maintainer and he already has pushed some bugfixes to Amarok 2.2-git, so this should greatly improve by 2.2.2

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
NoobSaibot
Registered Member
OS

Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:30 pm
phew, thanks for the answer ... as i was about to ask the same question xD

NoobSaibot, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
passerbycmc
Registered Member
OS

Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:01 pm
sorry i didnt want to make a new post for this but is there a way to make a dynamic playlist that makes the playlist from the most recent music i have added to my library.

or at least search for recently added music.

i add load of new music weekley to my library and can very easily lose track what is new and unheard and what isn't
Dieter Schroeder
Registered Member
OS

Re: Dynamic Playlists question  Topic is solved

Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:10 am
In the collection search:

added:<8d will result in added last week f.e.
You can also use abbreviations for month and year
So I have a bookmark for this search:
added:<8d playcount:0
called newly added & not played
Play around, you'll find a solution that fits;-)

m0nk

If men could get pregnant, abortion would be a sacrament.
passerbycmc
Registered Member
OS

Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:05 pm
thanks that does the job and thanks for the idea of bookmarking the search i would have not thought of that.

will this ever be possible for dynamic playlists