This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

File browser in amarok 2.3 (squeeze) is not working

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
marten
Registered Member
Hi,

I use a fresh install of amarok 2.3 on debian squeeze, and while everything else is working very nice, I have a problem with the file browser.

I can't switch between folders using the mouse, using the enter key works, but very slow (up to 60 seconds to disply the folder content, even if there are only 10 files in it.)

I'am using amarok with gnome, so maybe there are only some libarys missing?

Hope you can help my to solve the problem, as I like Amarok much better than rhytembox or exaile.

Last edited by marten on Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
marten
Registered Member
sorry, for posting in the wrong section, it should be in the 'help' section. Maybe someone can move it there.

thx marten

Last edited by marten on Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
marten
Registered Member
I installed now the kde-minimal metapaket from debian squeeze and started a pure kde session, but the problem remains the same. It is not possible to open a folder by clicking on it within the Amarok file manager, it is only possible to rename folders with this action.

The Musik (mp3-files) is stored on an ext3 partition with full read and write access.

Navigation using the musik collection works, also adding files to the playlist using drag and drop from dolphin or nautilus.
marten
Registered Member
I now realised that the file manager works if I don't klick on the folder symbol or name, but on other columns more to the right side like file typ. If this is not a bug, it is a very strange behavior. But as no one else seems to have this problem, it's maybe only me who find it unusual.

But anyway, I removed amarok, it's not working for me anymore, there are to many little anoying problems. :(
TheFrank
Registered Member
Hi,

I came here to confirm that I have this exact same problem. However, my configuration is somewhat different:
- OpenSuse 11.2
- KDE 4.3.5
- amarok 2.3.1

I didn't notice before that the folders would open when you click on one of the items to the right of the folder name. So, Marten, thanks a lot for that pointer! I now seem to be able to actually use amarok again...

Frank
Mamarok
Manager
OS
I suggest you upgrade to the latest stable which is Amarok 2.3.2

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...