This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Music shares (daap)

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Ossipon
Registered Member
OS

Music shares (daap)

Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:45 pm
Hello,

I am considering upgrading from amarok 1.4 to amarok 2. It looks like a fine program, however there is one thing that bugs me. I am on a large university network and when I start amarok 2 I see a list of other people's music shares and my local collection. This is really annoying because they keep opening up and they are included in searches.

I believe this uses the daap sharing protocol.
Does anybody know of a way to disable this? There doesn't seem to be an option in the interface, so maybe there is a way to compile amarok without daap support?
Stecchino
KDE Developer

Re: Music shares (daap)

Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:59 am
The only way to completely disable DAAP now is to remove the plugin.

Do a sudo rm /usr/share/kde4/services/amarok_collection-daapcollection.desktop
(at least that is where it's located on my system)
Then regenerate the kde system config database:
kbuildsycoca4

Next time you start amarok at the campus the DAAP shares won't bother you again.

Also keep in mind the we might integrate UPnP collection in the next version, could be the same issue on a college campus. Just replace daap with upnp in above command.

In a future version we'll include a way to prevent these network shares from being used automatically, even hide them completely.