This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Amarok won't start after update to 11.10

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
cerr
Registered Member
OS
Hi,

Earlier today, I finally updated my system to Kubuntu 11.10 and now, my Amarok keeps crashing when I attempt to start it. It used to work directly after the update but stopped doing so now and I didn't do anything related as far as I can tell...
launching it with the --debug flag gives me following on the bottom:

Code: Select all
amarok:       [WARNING] [BiasSolver] trackForUid returned no track for  "amarok-sqltrackuid://436c12ef72d2548992970c6c12f07048"
amarok:       [ERROR__] [BiasSolver] track is 0 in BiasSolver::getRandomTrack()
amarok:     END__: void Dynamic::BiasSolver::simpleOptimize(Dynamic::SolverList*) [Took: 1.5s]
amarok:     [BiasSolver] after simple optimize playlist with 0
amarok:     [BiasSolver] Found solution with energy 0
amarok:   END__: virtual void Dynamic::BiasSolver::run() [Took: 2.4s]
QSocketNotifier: Invalid socket 34 and type 'Read', disabling...
QSocketNotifier: Invalid socket 55 and type 'Read', disabling...

Any clues what might be going on here?

Thank you very much!
google01103
Manager
could you try starting Amatok as a different user

I've experience crashes after various updates and, in my case, found renaming the scripts folder ~/.kde[4]/share/apps/amarok/scripts resolved my problem

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

cerr
Registered Member
OS
google01103 wrote:could you try starting Amatok as a different user

I've experience crashes after various updates and, in my case, found renaming the scripts folder ~/.kde[4]/share/apps/amarok/scripts resolved my problem

Negative, tried root (sudo amarok) that didn't work and also tried with another user (sudo -u Amayita amarok) but that didn't work either... :(
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Also, which Phonon backend do you have selected and which version of Amarok do you have?

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
cerr
Registered Member
OS
bcooksley wrote:Also, which Phonon backend do you have selected and which version of Amarok do you have?

Amarok 4.7.3 and Internal Audio Analog Stereo in Phonon and it works fine if I test it in the KDE System Settings...
Mamarok
Manager
OS
There is no such thing as Amarok 4.7.3, that is most likely the KDE version. Please check the Help menu -> About Amarok
As for the Phonon backend, please have a look in the Backend tab for Phonon in the system settings -> Multimedia

Please erase the amarok* files in $HOME/.kde/share/config/ and try again.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
cerr
Registered Member
OS
Mamarok wrote:There is no such thing as Amarok 4.7.3, that is most likely the KDE version. Please check the Help menu -> About Amarok
As for the Phonon backend, please have a look in the Backend tab for Phonon in the system settings -> Multimedia

Please erase the amarok* files in $HOME/.kde/share/config/ and try again.

Sorry, it's Amarok 2.4.3. I can't look in Help menu -> About Amarok as Amarok doesn't launch.
As for Phonon, its version is 4.5.1 (GStreamer backend)
Pleasing erase the amarok* files in $HOME/.kde/share/config/ did the trick.

Thanks!