This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Podcasts

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
markymark12
Registered Member
OS

Podcasts

Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:25 am
Ok All, I'm trying to switch over from Banshee to Amarok but I have a dilemma. I have several hundred podcasts downloaded that I do not want to have to download again but Amarok doesn't identify them as downloaded podcasts. I've changed the save directory for each podcast that I've added to the "podcast" folder where banshee is/was saving all of my podcasts but, as mentioned, half or more of my podcasts are not marked as downloaded by Amarok. Please tell me how to fix this as some of my podcasts have a time limit on them and can't be downloaded again.
markymark12
Registered Member
OS

Re: Podcasts

Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:07 pm
Well, I think I figured out the solution for the initial problem I described but I know have another problem. As mentioned, I have a lot of downloaded podcasts. I'm hoping this is just a lack of knowledge on my part, which is why I'm posting. The podcast list on the left does not show all of my podcasts. I have a podcsst, for example, called Going Linux. Well, when I expand on that podcast it shows me about 20 podcasts but I have over 200 downloaded episodes and they are all in my library because I can do a search in Amarok and find all of them. Also, I have the pointer directed at the original folder for the podcast. Could this be the problem? Is Amarok mad at me for using another podcast folder or are my downloaded podcasts hidden? Please help me with this. I know someone must have a solution.
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:33 pm
If you right-click on the podcast folder, do you have a limitation there for the amount of podcasts shown?

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
markymark12
Registered Member
OS

Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:50 pm
Mamarok wrote:If you right-click on the podcast folder, do you have a limitation there for the amount of podcasts shown?

Could you be more specific please? Are you speaking of each individual folder? If so, when I right-click I get a whole bunch of options but none of them limit the number of podcasts.
markymark12
Registered Member
OS

Fri May 04, 2012 10:22 pm
I have limitations on the number of podcasts shown on each folder. I'm now having this issue again. I just switched over from Ubuntu to Linux Mint Debian. Installed Amarok and have started to configure my podcasts. I have started copying my podcasts back over to the appropriate folders for each podcast. One podcast, for example, is The Daily Bacon, which is a BBC podcast. I have over 200 episodes. It is only showing me about twenty in the list rather then my 200+ podcasts. I clicked on one that I knew I had downloaded to play it and it started to download the episode again. There must be some way of getting Amarok to display all of my podcasts?
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Sun May 06, 2012 10:42 am
The downloaded podcasts will show up in the collection when you add them there, but not in the podcast listing. That is a known bug.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...