This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Displaying current playing track for online streams (radio)

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
bastafidli
Registered Member
Hi,

I have a question about displaying current track for online streams. I am using script download from Amarok called Slovak Radios. It allows me to select to listen from list of Slovak Radios in Amarok. The streams play just fine but Amarok doesn't display what is the current song or program. The stream shows in Amarok as infinite length, so during the duration of the play the current song/program changes multiple times. Is this functionality available today in Amarok and if so how does it suppose to work. Many other applications I am using (e.g. several apps on IOS) can display this information. Also web based player on radia.sk can display it as well. I would like to find out how to make this work in Amarok.

Thank you
Sentynel
KDE Developer
OS
Try switching to the VLC backend for Phonon; the GStreamer backend which is the default on most distros has known issues with stream metadata. Install the Phonon VLC package (phonon-vlc or phonon-backend-vlc usually, depending on distro) and enable it from settings > configure Amarok > playback > configure Phonon > backend.