This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Recently added applet gone after one track played

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
google01103
Manager
there's a bug posted but no one has confirmed it, just looking for confirmation https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=292510

after playing one track the "recently added" widget only shows the widget title nothing else, it displays correctly when started

happens only with VLC phonon backend, Gstreamer works as expected

self compiled from git, running phonon-backend-vlc 0.5.0git

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

Mamarok
Manager
OS
Interesting, i have the git build of today, same backend and after one track the widget shows me the last played ones correctly.

Mind you, I only added one track at the end of my current playlist to test that.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
google01103
Manager
just cleared out all the Amarok files (config and apps folders) for a 2nd user and same thing the "recently added" widget is blank after a track is played (pretty sure I did this when I posted the bug)

really annoying when your issue isn't confirmable, maybe it's the phonon-backend-vlc 0.5.0git

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

Mamarok
Manager
OS
FWIW: I use the phonon-backend-vlc 0.5.0 shipped with Kubuntu 12.04

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
Sentynel
KDE Developer
OS
Can't reproduce here, with current git Amarok, Phonon and Phonon-VLC.