This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Refresh a directory.

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
bonassis
Registered Member
OS

Refresh a directory.

Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:21 am
Hi,

I'm using amarok, but what I miss is the ability to do a hard refresh of the directories.
Amarok uses kdelibs, and that has the ability to refresh it's cache.

After creating a directory amarok does not "pick up" the change.

Stef
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Refresh a directory.

Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:31 am
You didn't tell what version of Amarok and KDE you are using....

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
bonassis
Registered Member
OS

Re: Refresh a directory.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:54 am
Well yes, I did not mention it since this is present in all versions.

But to be complete:

kde 4.9.1

amarok 2.6 git build date 3 sep 2012

I'm trying to solve a "bug" in dolphin about dolphin getting slow when dealing with a fs which is not fast.
See:

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=288824

So I saw that apps can use kdelibs (KDirList) in "cached mode" and in "refresh/reload" mode. It looks like amarok
never does a reload. Then it's not picking up changes.

Stef
strohel
KDE Developer
OS

Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:27 pm
bonassis wrote:After creating a directory amarok does not "pick up" the change.Stef
Please be more specific. Amarok doesn't reflect the changes you make to a directory under Local Collection? Do you have "Watch folders for changes enabled"? What happens if you manually hit "Update Collection"? Are you aware that Amaork doesn't watch files, just directories, so the *directory* mtime must change in order for Amaork to pick it up.

Amarok doesn't use kdelibs for scanning, so the bug you're linking cannot be the cause.