This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Problem with the album art

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
firstlast
Registered Member

Problem with the album art

Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:49 pm
hello,

ive been searching for help for the album art, but ive found nothing. the thing is that in amarok i can see all the album covers in my collection, but they dont get embedded into the mp3 file. so when i put it on a device such as a mp3 or another player i cant see the album cover.

how can i embed the album cover to the mp3 file?

thanks
google01103
Manager

Re: Problem with the album art

Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:38 pm
there's an option in settings but the documentation state it replaces the existing cover if a change is made

I think you'll need to use a standalone app for this or possibly a mass tagger with the functionality

Google'ing finds these apps:

I'd suggest further Google'ing and a thread specific to what app embeds covers

Seem Mamarok's post below

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

Mamarok
Manager
OS

Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:41 am
@google01103: I don't see where you see a problem with that:

@firstlast: in the Settings menu -> Configure Amarok -> Local Collection there is the option "Write covers to file". You can even choose the maximum file size.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
google01103
Manager

Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:01 pm
Mamarok - so I'm misinterpreting the handbook? To me the operative word is "changed"

per userbase http://userbase.kde.org/Amarok/Manual/C ... Collection Write changed covers back to the file. This will replace existing embedded covers

Question what triggers Amarok to write the covers to the file? Initial scan into the collection? 1st time played? Cover manager scan?

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

Mamarok
Manager
OS

Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:31 pm
Well, this just means that it is not enough to activate the option to have existing album art in Amarok to be written to files, as this only applies to newly downloaded stuff. So to trigger the write do an album art scan with the Cover Manager, that's all.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...