This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Shortcut for "Remove from Playlist"?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
danniken
Registered Member

Shortcut for "Remove from Playlist"?

Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:51 pm
Hello, is there a way to provide a shortcut to the "Remove from Playlist" option in Amarok? I often have the need to remove previously listened to tracks, but I'm not much of a mouse person, and am continually having to reach for the rodent when I use this command.

I did look in the shortcuts menu, but I didn't see anything; is there any way to get a shortcut working for this action?

Thanks!
google01103
Manager
see https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=290740 and vote if you want it

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

bcooksley
Administrator
OS
If you have the playlist area selected, then "Delete" will remove the currently selected song. The arrow keys can be used to navigate the list, and the tab key can be used to move into the playlist area if the Amarok window has focus - it can be brought up by configuring the "Toggle Main Window" shortcut.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
danniken
Registered Member
Oh that works great, I didn't know I could do that; thanks!

Now how does one select the playlist area without the mouse? Is such a thing possible?
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Once the Amarok window has focus, simply tab between window elements until the playlist becomes focused. This is indicated by the selector (indicating which track is currently selected) turning a darker shade of blue.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
danniken
Registered Member
Thanks cooks, that works!