This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Ripping CD to OGG

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Spiros
Registered Member
OS

Ripping CD to OGG

Wed May 08, 2013 11:34 am
Hello. I'm trying to rip some CD's into my collection using Amarok. I therefore drag&drop the CD album over the local collection and then select "Ogg Vorbis" as format and my preferred filename scheme. The encoding starts and seems to work fine, but it doesn't.

The files are correctly created, but they are broken. Each file which is supposed to contain a song is only a few kB big. If I try to open tham with some player (Amarok, VLC, Rhythmbox,...) it crashes or says that the file is corrupted.

During the encoding operation Amarok does not report any problem. If I encode the songs to mp3 instead of ogg, everything works fine and the resulting files are usable.

I have Amarok-2.7.0 with kdelibs-4..10.2. I have Gentoo and everything is compiled locally.

I have ffmpeg-1.0.6 compiled with --enable-libvorbis and this is the result of "ffmpeg -codecs | grep vorbis; ffmpeg -formats | grep ogg":
Code: Select all
DEA.L. vorbis               Vorbis (decoders: vorbis libvorbis ) (encoders: vorbis libvorbis )
DE ogg                     Ogg