This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

tablets/MP3 players that play nice with Amarok.

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
thender
Registered Member
I fought the iPod Touch 4G with iOS 6 for one week and I failed miserably. I tried downgrading to iOS5, but it never ran iOS5, so no luck. Nothing works. I cave.

I was looking at the Nexus 7 tablet, I'd like something that runs Android so I can continue using Skype via wi-fi for phone calls. Does the Nexus 7 play nice with Amarok? I'd like to be able to simply transfer music, and maybe use the transcoding feature since I have a FLAC collection.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
The Nexus 7 will likely rely upon MTP for transferring songs (and accessing other data on it).
As such, it should be supported by Amarok without difficulty. Please note that MTP support is currently being rewritten as part of GSoC this year.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
strohel
KDE Developer
OS
thender wrote:I fought the iPod Touch 4G with iOS 6 for one week and I failed miserably. I tried downgrading to iOS5, but it never ran iOS5, so no luck. Nothing works. I cave.
Anything with iOS >= 5 doesn't work, due to Apples attempts to cut off anything than iTunes. See http://www.gtkpod.org/wiki/Home

thender wrote:I was looking at the Nexus 7 tablet, I'd like something that runs Android so I can continue using Skype via wi-fi for phone calls. Does the Nexus 7 play nice with Amarok? I'd like to be able to simply transfer music, and maybe use the transcoding feature since I have a FLAC collection.
Yes, everything stated is already possible with current state of my GSoC project, please see http://strohel.blogspot.com/search/label/gsoc

The work is expected to be released with Amarok 2.9 in the winter (and merged into master during autumn).