This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Cross platform Amarok Playlist

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
iamcreasy
Registered Member
OS

Cross platform Amarok Playlist

Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:35 am
Can I use the same Amarok playlist saved on Windows 8, on my kubuntu?

Is Amarok smart enough to resolve/convert file path from windows to linux system and/or vice versa
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Cross platform Amarok Playlist

Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:57 am
Shouldn't be a problem under Linux at all, as Linux can handle the NTFS file system. What you can't do is use files from an ext3 or ext4 partition in Windows, but you can always use NTFS file systems under Linux.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
iamcreasy
Registered Member
OS

Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:41 pm
Mamarok wrote:Shouldn't be a problem under Linux at all, as Linux can handle the NTFS file system. What you can't do is use files from an ext3 or ext4 partition in Windows, but you can always use NTFS file systems under Linux.

Thanks.

But my question was how Amarok saves the path of files on playlist?

Say, 'Demo' music file targets C:\demo.mp3 on Amarok playlist.

but, in linux Amarok won't be able to fetch this file location, since Linux system doesn't use drive letter. Amarok has to resolve the path by somehow identifying the partition/drive and relocating the file with the help of user. But, can it be done automatically for large number of files? Can Amarok do that?
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:07 pm
No idea, how about trying?

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
iamcreasy
Registered Member
OS

Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:56 pm
[deleted]

I will post later with the details.