This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Random inconsistency with album's year

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Horus
Registered Member
OS
Hello,

I've just ripped a bunch of Bravo Hits compilation to FLAC and copied them into my music directory, completely rescanned and marked them all to be shown under various artists. After noting the inconsistency stated below I did another complete rescan. Note that my amarokrc contains the non-standard setting [Collection] DynamicCollection=false. All screenshots stem from a fresh instance of amarok after two complete rescans.

http://xgm.de/upload/amarok1.png (image to wide for embedding)
Note the missing year on 4 albums and that the year is correctly set according to the metadata browser

Now I switched to the compact view.

After some clicking around.

After a restart, everthing is in place. But after switching to non-compact view it looks like in the first picture.

I got no idea what's the pattern behind is...
The album year is set correctly on all of these albums.

Amarok 2.8.0 / KDE 4.14.3 / Arch Linux

Best Regards...
Mamarok
Manager
OS
That is a longstanding bug in the Merged View, nothing new, and sadly quite hard to fix, as it involves both a caching bug and a display error.

And I wouldn't call this a "random error", as it is reproducible every time you switch on the Merged View after letting Amarok run for a few hours.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
Horus
Registered Member
OS
Here the bug is present right after amarok restart, not a few hours is needed. For me it's random because it does not happens everytime I switch views and there are different albums involved from times to times.

But as long as you can assure me it's just a display bug and no DB inconsistency creeping in I can put my mind at ease.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
it certainly is not a DB bug, that you can be assured, it is a caching and display bug of the Collection Browser, less pronounced in current git, though. At least I haven't seen this in a while.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...