This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Amarok scrambles playlists!!!

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
norbertf
Registered Member

Amarok scrambles playlists!!!

Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:12 pm
Hi,
ever since I switched form Amarok 1.4 to Amarok 2.x, I am having trouble with the playlist feature.
As the name 'list' states, anybody familiar with basic programming issues knows what a list is, i.e. a sequence of items, where the user should be able to specify the sequence and the system keeps this specified sequence.
Instead, Amarok scrambles any given playlist by some unknown algorithm. It not only stores the playlist in the scrambled sequence, it also exports it to external players like e.g. my Ipod. Of course, it is possible to sort the playlist for playback via Amarok, but only via sorting - I cannot modify the sequence myself.
So I wonder: am I the only one dealing with this problem? Am I doing something wrong? Or is this viewed as a 'feature' of Amarok 2.x, one of the many 'improvements' over 1.4?
Maybe someone can explain to me what is going on here - many thanks in advance.
Norbert
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Amarok scrambles playlists!!!

Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:47 pm
Which exact Amarok version are you talking about?

Did I understand correctly you are talking about saved playlists, not the playlist in Amarok, right?

FWIW: of course you can drag and drop items on a playlist by hand, it works here without problems, using current Amarok from git master (which is quite close to the recently released 2.9 beta)

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
norbertf
Registered Member

Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:33 am
I am running Amarok 2.8.0.
In fact, the problem concerns saved playlists only, which, unfortunately, affects also the export to my Ipod.
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:29 am
Could you please file a bug about this? I couldn't find an equivalent in the bugs database: http://bugs.kde.org

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...