This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Amarok 2.8 Can't sync with last.fm

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ranmaruhibikiya
Registered Member
OS

Amarok 2.8 Can't sync with last.fm

Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:23 pm
Hi.
One of my external HD died and, I'm trying to get again all my music collection. When I tried to sync the stats with last.fm, I got this from debug:
amarok: [WARNING] void SynchronizationAdapter::slotTracksReceived() Error parsing Last.fm reply: "Invalid Method - No method with that name in this package"
amarok: virtual StatSyncing::TrackList SynchronizationAdapter::artistTracks(const QString&) 0 tracks from "Hinoi Team" 0 of them have tags
"<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<lfm status="failed">
<error code="3">Invalid Method - No method with that name in this package</error>
</lfm>

By the way, when I entered to see the last.fm info from the website, I see that they updated this, maybe the version of their API/whatever too?

Another question, there's a way to get synced from the died HD's collection to the new one (it's on a mysql db)?
Regards!
Mamarok
Manager
OS
First of all: are you sure you are logged in with the correct last.fm credentials?
Did you check if the latest listenings are related on last.fm? They tends to not update that fast, I noticed a delay on the sync features which are due to the last.fm website not updating that often for synchronized items.

If your HD died, I don't see how you could access the data on it, didn't you make a backup? That is the only way to recover data AFAIK

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...