This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Amarok Analyzer

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
VampyreBe
Registered Member

Amarok Analyzer

Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:27 pm
Hello all !

After numberous years playing with Linux, I finally decided to give KDE a chance. I never have used KDE in the past, and so far, I'm loving it. I'm using Linux Mint 17.3, up to date, and discovered Amarok just today. So I started to copy some of my music, to give it a go and see how it worked. However, I have an issue with the analyzer.

When I don't play a music, the analyzer is showing like a "demo" mode.
When I start the music, the analyser gets stuck, and there is no analysis done at all.

I'm not sure if I should change some parameters somewhere, I've had a look around, but I don't see any. For sure, it's nowhere like shown on the screenshots of Amarok that I've seen. I guess it is working since the demo mode is moving, but it stops when I play music.

If you have any idea of how I could fix the analyser, feel free to let me know !
Many thanks for your time and help,
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Amarok Analyzer

Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:25 pm
Which phonon backend do you use? It only works with the gstreamer backend, not the vlc one. Check for the package phonon-backend-gstreamer. You will also have to install the MP3 plugins for gstreamer if you want to use that backend.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
VampyreBe
Registered Member

Re: Amarok Analyzer  Topic is solved

Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:54 am
Well, thank you for your answer !

I had checked it yesterday, and it was already installed with the gstreamer, and the plugin mp.

Yesterday, I dropped it, leaving it for today... And fun fact today, I restart it, (trying to get the audio out on my Home Cinema but without luck so far), I started messing around with the KDE audio settings. Since I got no sound, I switched back to my headphones, making sure I didn't **** up the audio totally. And while I was listening to my music with the headset, I suddenly realise the analyser is working now.

I'm not sure though what I did to make it work, I was concentrated into having the sound out of the home cinema and wasn't paying attention. So it is now definitely fixed, but am unable to explain what I did to get it working.

Many thanks though for your answer !