This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Forcing sorting order on remote Catalogs (Ampache)

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jeanfrancoismartinez
Registered Member
Hello

I am using Amarok to access an Ampache web site I own. Problem is: Songs are sorted by Artist and while this could be adequate for Rock Music it is completely unadequate for a Catalog made of 95% of Classical Music. Unlike what happens with Local Catalogs there is no sorting button. My guess is when accessing remote Catalogs Amarok does not want to wait to have the complete list and then displaying it it displays it like sent by Ampache and Ampache is sending it sorted by Artist. . Is there a way to either force Amarok to sort by another criteria or for tricking Ampache into sending a list sorted by another criteria?

Regards

Jean-François Martinez
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Hm, I never tried that, but I guess it's Ampache sending the default sort order. I will have a look at the code to find out if Amarok specifically queries for it.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
Mamarok
Manager
OS
The queries sent to Ampache are, in that order:

* Track
* Album
* Artist

So I guess the display order is the one set by Ampache. Can you access the Ampache Collection and modify the display there? I don't have access to an Ampache Server right now to test, but I presume the user interface Amarok uses is similar to the other Internet services. Can you check if you have any display options available in the Settings (Tools icon in the upper right of that window) of the UI in Amarok and see if there are other options there?

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...