This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Can't mount Android 6.0 when Amarok is running in ubuntu

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
megafauna
Registered Member
Hi all,

Thought I'd let you know this and ask if there is a solution.

I can connect my Android 6.0, LG G4 phone to ubuntu just fine and nautilus mounts it as an MTP or as a PTP device. However if Amarok is open then I can only mount it as a PTP device. It means that I have to have Amarok closed whenever I mount the phone.

A solution would be nice but this is a minor quibble in the great scheme of things. Hope this helps someone.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Not really, as it doesn't depend on Amarok, but on the underlying hardware structure, you should file a bug report to Ubuntu. Amarok doesn't mount anything, this is done by the underlying hardware applications.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
megafauna
Registered Member
I used Ubuntu's bug report system and I think I successfully filed it.

Thanks,

John
astroe
Registered Member
I'm not sure if this is an Ubuntu-specific problem. I'm using Gentoo and facing the exact same issue.