This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

I'm a little bit disappointed

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Castanheiro

I'm a little bit disappointed

Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:40 am
Today ii installed amarok. It compiled fine, and works ok. It's a nice app. I came from juk wich is also nice, but i needed something more.

Amarok: It's a nice app, but the playlist is strange... There is no easy way (i couldn't find it) of having several small playlists... i only have a huge list of songs with a search on top.
Did someone tried winamp? It's easy to navigate through a music collection with winamp, it lists all artists, and when i click an artist it lists all the musics and albuns . It's something like the collection tab on amarok... but it actually plays the music! Why can't we play a music clicking on it on the collection tab?? I have to add it to my playlist? I already have them on the play list! It makes no sense to me.
Maybe i didn't understand the philosophy of the amarok playlist
earthpig

Re:I'm a little bit disappointed

Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:37 am
I tend to agree with you weher I miss a tab for storing playlists.

It is however quite easy to play an album/artist/etc by right-clicking on it and choosing "make playlist"

I also founs it practical to save playlists in the top tab (hd browser) adding a bookmark to a playlist dir and storing and opening them from that list

A few more clicks needed however.
Joe

Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:29 am
This app is nuts crazy good if you have all of your mp3's album, artist, track number entered (= try being anal and apps like this and juk blow winamp way out of the water. ill never go back
!nkubus

Sat Jul 03, 2004 4:47 am
A playlist tab would be awsome and also having th epossibility to create some dynamic playlist a bit like rhythmbox where you can have rock from 1980 to 1990 without adding all songs to the playlist :).
Castanheiro

Sat Jul 03, 2004 7:30 am
I think i can resume the problem to this:
-Winamp -> one big playlist, some filters can give you just some kind of music/artist/something else. Several filters at the same time to narrow your search.
-Juk -> one big playlist, some filters. Just one filter at a time
-amarok -> several playlists, you can have a kind of filter (using the browser), but then you have to create other playlist or add the music again to the playlist (if you already had it, then it will be repeated) just to listen some music... not good...

I think amarok would benefict from a behaviour more like winamp.