This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Feedback/feature requests

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
newuser

Feedback/feature requests

Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:04 pm
I had no idea this player existed, saw someone mention it on slashdot and decided to try it out... I think it's an awesome app can't wait to see it mature. I havn't been able to switch to it full time for a few reasons, they may seem petty but maybe these are really easy to fix. Of course if it's just me missing something in the docs feel free to smack me around.

Seeking - Left and Right arrow keys to seek like winamp/xmms. I use this all the time. (5 second seek)

Volume Control - need a place to set the volume % based on the mouse wheel. I've noticed that currently it's either 6%, 10%, or on a couple of occasions 12%. I'd like to be able to lock this value to what works best for me.

Ok, now this one might seem a little crazy - I'm not sure how to explain it. It seems like when amarok is running my cpu is not allowed to 'halt'. For example, pc is idle, xmms is open but not playing. Open amarok but don't play anything cpu usage stays at 0 but temps go up. I expect this when it's playing but not at idle. I don't think I'm explaining this well. Maybe something to do with my configuration but no other program does this.

That's it.. those 3 little things. Of course I'd like to see more ui enhancements, whatever they may be, and I really hate that is uses arts (had no luck getting gstreamer to work). But really this is the first media player I've been excited about since winamp2. :) Keep up the good work and thanks
Joe

Re:Feedback/feature requests

Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:27 am
Click "Menu" and then "Configure Toolbars" to add playlist controls and volume (=