This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

amaroK 1.1 beta... Crash with arts...

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Jefferson
Registered Member

amaroK 1.1 beta... Crash with arts...

Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:40 pm
Hello amarokers!!!!

Amarok 1.1 crash with artsdsink output... I have a Slackware Linux 10, with kernel 2.6.7 and KDE 3.3.
Juergen Helmers
HI!

I have compiled the second beta of the 1.1 version. Like the first beta amarok crashes at once when you try to play a song. There are two xine entries and the gstreamer entry for output type. Arts is missing although the configure script claims to ciompile for arts as well. Using gst I tried alsa and arts and both crash. The arts output kinda works but the output skips all over the place. I tried to compile with "--enable-debug=full" but the debugging of the core file results in "no stack".

So it doesn't work at all.

Juergen
Toojays
I had a similar problem recently (crash with no good debug info) because I had some packages compiled with gcc-3.3, and some with gcc-3.4. Just a thought of something to look at . . . see if "ldd $(which amarokapp)" lists libstdc++ twice.
Enrico
I'm using mandrake 10.1 RC1 with some cooker packages and I have the same problems with amarok 1.1 beta2:

- gstreamer with artsd sink:crashes as soon as i press play
- artsengine: same as above

seems like there are problems with the arts support in version 1.1 ..

thanks
bye
markey
KDE Developer
OS
Enrico wrote:
- gstreamer with artsd sink:crashes as soon as i press play

Do not use artsdsink. It is extremely buggy.

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
Jefferson
Registered Member
hm... and using arts output in amarok 1.1 beta2, the crossfade is equal crossfade of the gstream output?