This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Duplication of some genre categories in collection

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Ernest0x
I compiled the 1.1 CVS tarball few minutes before I post this message and I figured out a strange behaviour in the collection browser. After the configuration of the collection folders and the typical scanning procedures, some genre categories (2 in a total of 8, always the same) appear duplicated. The following info may help:

First of all, I'm on a Slackaware 10.0 machine (upgraded from 9.1).

I tend to have a directory named "music" in my home folder where I store my music files in the following folder-tree format:

[code:1]Foreingn Discografy\
\Genre
\Artist
...music_files...
Native Discography\
\Genre
\Artist
...music_files...
[/code:1]

I deselect all the collection folders (in other words, I clear the db). Then, when I add a "problematic" genre folder again in the collection folders and rescan, the following output goes to stdout:

[code:1]amarok: [void CollectionView::scan()]
amarok: [void CollectionDB::scan(const QStringList&, bool, bool)]
amarok: [weaver] Started..
amarok: BEGIN [void CollectionReader::readTags(const QStringList&«»)]
amarok: [void CollectionDB::createTables(bool)]
amarok: [void CollectionDB::dropTables(bool)]
amarok: [void CollectionDB::createTables(bool)]
amarok: ERROR: [bool CollectionDB::execSql(const QString&, QStringList*, QStringList*, bool)][CollectionDB] sqlite3_compile error:
amarok: ERROR: table directories already exists
amarok: ERROR: on query: CREATE TABLE directories (dir VARCHAR(100) UNIQUE,changedate INTEGER );
amarok: [void CollectionDB::dropTables(bool)]
amarok: END [void CollectionReader::readTags(const QStringList&«»)]
amarok: [weaver] Done!
amarok: [virtual void CollectionDB::customEvent(QCustomEvent*)]
amarok: [void CollectionView::renderView()]
[/code:1]

I faced the same problem with a precompiled 1.1beta2 slackware package.
However, I hadn't come across with such problem with a precompiled precompiled 1.1beta1 slackware package.

I believe that this problem has to do with some code related to the handling of the sqlite3 collection database, but I'm not sure. (Consider the fact that, in my experience, the problem exists only in the newer versions that use sqlite3 db backend).

I tried to give you as much info as I could, but if you need more tell me.

Thank you for your great work!
Amarok is a great app!

Ernest0x
markey
KDE Developer
OS
Fixed.

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
!nkubus
you guys are very efficient :)