This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How can I nix the gtk1 dependancy from the build?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Gary Greene
I'm attempting to build amarok without gtk1 being configured into the build. Is there an option I should pass at configuration? Please let me know, so I can get this build as I want. Thanks.
markey
KDE Developer
OS
Gary Greene wrote:
I'm attempting to build amarok without gtk1 being configured into the build. Is there an option I should pass at configuration? Please let me know, so I can get this build as I want.

Dependency on gtk is news to me! Where do you see that?

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
Gary Greene
markey wrote:
Gary Greene wrote:
I'm attempting to build amarok without gtk1 being configured into the build. Is there an option I should pass at configuration? Please let me know, so I can get this build as I want.

Dependency on gtk is news to me! Where do you see that?

Here's where I see it:
[greeneg@uriel ~]$ apt-get install amarok
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
The following extra packages will be installed:
gdk-pixbuf gtk1 xmms
The following NEW packages will be installed:
amarok gdk-pixbuf gtk1 xmms
0 upgraded, 4 newly installed, 0 removed and 1 not upgraded.
Need to get 5170kB of archives.
After unpacking 14.8MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] n
Abort.

As I said, I'm trying to get rid of the gtk1 and xmms dependancy. Is there anything I can do about it?
Max Howell
Alumni
compile from source.

The only reason I can think of for the gtk dependency with the debian package is they install the xmms_vis_wrapper and this naturally has a gtk dependency since all xmms visualisations use gtk.

1.1 is out today