This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Lyrics

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Hans
Administrator
OS

Lyrics

Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:43 am
New feature:

Show lyric! In the "tab" bar, or whatever you call it (to left), new tab called "Lyric".
You'll have one folder named "Lyrics", there you have all your lyrics stored. If you hasn't a lyric, then amaroK will search the lyric (from a homepage), download it and store it in the folder.
Something like http://kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=16009%20this

I think it would be nice, please come with suggestions.
Sorry, it may be hard to understand me? My English isn't the best.

And thank you very much for this GREAT app! [img size=16]http://homepage.mac.com/cyberskull/.Pictures/Me/FF6-CyberSkull_Mog-16x21.gif[/img]

Post edited by: Mogger, at: 2004/09/26 05:44

Post edited by: Mogger, at: 2004/09/26 05:45

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
zekant

Re:Lyrics

Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:01 am
I totally agree, it would be a very nice feature ! :)
zekant

Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:01 am
I totally agree, it would be a very nice feature ! :)
markey
KDE Developer
OS

Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:33 pm
Mogger wrote:
You'll have one folder named "Lyrics", there you have all your lyrics stored. If you hasn't a lyric, then amaroK will search the lyric (from a homepage), download it and store it in the folder.

Trouble is that lyrics (like cover images) are copyright protected. You are not allowed to just download them from some website.

This feature would only be possible if there was a legal way to download them under a special (free) license. Tell me if you know of such a site.

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
APBIlbo

Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:18 pm
I have modified the SpiffiLyrics script to operate with amarok. The modification is really simple and I think it's not worth posting it in kde-look. Just paste the code below in a file (sp.diff for example) in the same dir as the script and do:

patch SpiffiJukLyrics.py sp.diff

[code:1]
< myPlayer = "juk"
---
> #myPlayer = "juk"
12a13
> myPlayer = "amarok"
73c74,80
< else:
---
> if (myPlayer == "amarok"«») :
> if (os.system("which amarok"«») == 0):
> pass
> else:
> os.system("kdialog --error \"amarok could not be found! Please install it to use this theme. \" --title \"JUK Bar Error\""«»)
> print "\nCan't find amarok in your path. Please install it to make this work. "
> if (myPlayer == "xmms"«») :
187c194,196
< else:
---
> if (myPlayer == "amarok"«»):
> playingCmd = "dcop amarok default nowPlaying"
> if (myPlayer == "xmms"«»):
[/code:1]
APBilbo

Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:22 pm
Sorry. There's an error in the diff code. There must be a line before

< myPlayer = "juk"

like this one:

11c11
APBIlbo

Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:33 pm
Sorry again. There are more errors in the code (-_- U) so i'll post it again. Lets see if this time i'm capable of posting it correctly :(

[code:1]
11c11
< myPlayer = "juk"
---
> #myPlayer = "juk"
12a13
> myPlayer = "amarok"
73c74,80
< else:
---
> if (myPlayer == "amarok"«») :
> if (os.system("which amarok"«») == 0):
> pass
> else:
> os.system("kdialog --error \"amarok could not be found! Please install it to use this theme. \" --title \"JUK Bar Error\""«»)
> print "\nCan't find amarok in your path. Please install it to make this work. "
> if (myPlayer == "xmms"«») :
187c194,196
< else:
---
> if (myPlayer == "amarok"«»):
> playingCmd = "dcop amarok default nowPlaying"
> if (myPlayer == "xmms"«»):[/code:1]
Hans
Administrator
OS

Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:00 pm
Heh, thank you. But why not just post it at KDE-look? I think people would be very happy if you did ;) (people = me ^^)

Argh, license? =(
How... troublesome. But if someone created a site, like a wiki (everyone can post/edit. Or all members) then it could work? Yes, it is easier to find such a homepage, but =/
Does the license still mess if you implanted such a feature without auto-download? You'll have to put you lyrics in that folder, or write them in amaroK.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
APBilbo

Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:12 am
The modification is already merged into the SpiffyJukLyrics code. You can download it at:

http://kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=16009

To make it work with amarok you have to uncomment the line:
myPlayer = "amarok"

and comment the line:
myPlayer = "juk"

they are both at the begining of the script "SpiffyJukLyrics.py".
Mogger (off)

Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:57 pm
This feature has been added to the CVS? O.O
sebr

Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:37 pm
lyric retrieval has been implemented in cvs, but not with spiffy lyrics