This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

flac and mpc support at the same time

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
DanielW

flac and mpc support at the same time

Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:31 pm
Hello,

i am trying to get amarok to for days now.

First it always crashed during scanning my collection. The problem was a bug in taglib which chrased at my mpc files. A bug-report on bugs.kde.org and a few days later the latest cvs version of taglibs works without crashes on all my audio files. :-)

But now a new problem.

i have mp3, flac, mpc and ogg files in my collection.

With the xine engine i can play them all but mpc.

The arts-enigne can play them all but flac (i read it should support flac, here it doesn't (noatun can not play flac either).

The gstreamer-engine doesn't work at all. (For details please read my posting in the gentoo forum http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=244229).

I need either a solution for my gstreamer problem (the gstreamer devs can not help me, the think it is a gentoo problem) or i need to know how arts can play flac files.

DanielW
eean
KDE Developer
OS
Well, gstreamer should work obviously. But whats the problem with just using xine? I can use either, but use xine because it seems to work better overall.

Amarok Developer
DanielW
xine can not play mpc files here.

and xine can not seek in flac files.
eean
KDE Developer
OS
ah, sorry, I misread your post.

Amarok Developer