This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Counting (playlists, and counting down)

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Machineghost
First off let me say that amaroK is great. At first I was resistant to anything that didn't look like winamp, but after trying both amaroK and xmms out I really found I preferred amaroK.

That being said, there are two minor features that I really wish amaroK had. One is a count of how long the current playlist is. At times I try to create a playlist of a certain length, so I don't stay up too late for instance, and since amaroK doesn't have (that I could find) any listing of the length in minutes/seconds of the current playlist, I end up having to do a lot of arithmetic in my head. If this could be added to the bottom status bar, or as an optional component on the toolbar, I would be very greatful.

Secondly, I discovered that I can change the elapsed time of the currently playing track to instead count down the time remaining (by double-clicking). However, I keep having to re-double-click with each new track, because amaroK reverts to elapsed time mode with each new track. If possible, I would very much like to see the field stay in one mode or the other until the user double-clicks it again, rather than having it revert after every track.

Anyhow, I know y'all are busy, but I just thought I'd let you know a couple small things that one user would really like to see. Thanks for making a great player, and keep up the good work :laugh:
mdnet
Machineghost wrote:
At times I try to create a playlist of a certain length, so I don't stay up too late for instance, and since amaroK doesn't have (that I could find) any listing of the length in minutes/seconds of the current playlist,

Current (stable) versions have this in the status bar already. It tells me here: 60 tracks [4:15:23].

Secondly, I discovered that I can change the elapsed time of the currently playing track to instead count down the time remaining (by double-clicking). However, I keep having to re-double-click with each new track, because amaroK reverts to elapsed time mode with each new track.

I cannot reproduce this behaviour, works fine for me here.

Maybe update to a recent version of amaroK.

Marcel
machineghost
Just checked, it looks like I have 1.0.2 (it came with Mandrake 10.1), so I guess I just need to upgrade to 1.1. Thanks.