This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

more playlist columns

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jniklast

more playlist columns

Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:45 pm
Hi amaroK developers,

I think it would be very nice if there was a playlist column like "track played xxx times" so that one can see easily which song was played the most times.
And I think it would be nice, too, if the playlist would have numbers for the songs (like winamp or xmms). This would make it easier to navigate in playlists which aren't sorted, or to find track x on a cd.
Both shouldn't be that difficult to implement and I think many people would love it.
eean
KDE Developer
OS

Re:more playlist columns

Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:10 pm
I agree about the number of times thing. I sometimes turn on the score column, which shows that info imperfectly.

I don't quite get the point of numbering the playlist, but to each their own I guess. :)

Amarok Developer
jniklast

Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:46 pm
eean wrote:
I don't quite get the point of numbering the playlist, but to each their own I guess. :)

Weil, if you have a CD and someone tells you track 14 is good but doesn't know the name, I don't want to count the songs until I am at 14. It would be much easier if there was a number for the tracks. It can/should be optional of course, but it would be nice...javascript:window.close()
eean
KDE Developer
OS

Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:58 am
Oh, well CDs should certainly have Track Numbers the same way MP3s are given track numbers. Thats kind of half-way between a bug fix and a new feature.

Amarok Developer
markey
KDE Developer
OS

Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:05 pm
jniklast wrote:
And I think it would be nice, too, if the playlist would have numbers for the songs (like winamp or xmms). This would make it easier to navigate in playlists which aren't sorted, or to find track x on a cd.

Right-click on playlist header, enable column "Track".

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
sebr

Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:16 pm
I think he means a counter for each playlist element, not the track number which is embedded within a file.
eean
KDE Developer
OS

Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:48 pm
I think thats what he means too, and I think its silly.

Amarok Developer
jniklast

Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:03 am
Yeah, that's what I mean. But why do you think it's silly? Winamp has it, xmms has it, Windows Mwdia Player has it I think, so there must be something about it. At least I found it very useful, as not all my playlists are sorted by artist or title, and with these numbers I know about where a track is. Or if I have a playlist for burning some cds (more than one), I can more easily guess where to draw the line for the next cd. Anyway, it shouldn't be that difficult to implement, and as I suggested it should be made optional, so everybody who thinks it is silly can disable it, and everybody who thinks it is useful can activate it.
Ismael

Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:05 am
jniklast wrote:
I think it would be very nice if there was a playlist column like "track played xxx times" so that one can see easily which song was played the most times.

I agree that such feature would be very useful.