This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

fade out/in on pause/unpause

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
han fader

fade out/in on pause/unpause

Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:26 pm
Fast fade out on pause and fast fade in on unpause is overdue.
That's a feature you'll find in every high-end audio player.

So long.
YAOMTC
Registered Member

Re: fade out/in on pause/unpause

Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:16 pm
I don't mean to necro this topic, but I think this feature would still be a great addition to Amarok. Seems like it wouldn't be that hard to do, either. Why, the Stop button already fades out the music. Just take that effect and speed it up, and add an option in the preferences to enable it on Pause. I don't think fade-in on Unpause would be necessary, though.
Kitsun
Registered Member

Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:40 am
Ive enjoyed this feature in Winamp, I hope it gets added to Amarok
dangle_wtf

Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:37 am
silly "feature"... pause implies you wat to continue where you left off - might be ok to fade music, but spoken word loses out. this sort of thing will always be contentious, and will likely always be at the discretion of the devs. you could try convincing one it's needed, but you'll need very good arguments ;)

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"
markey
KDE Developer
OS

Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:12 am
We've decided against it long ago.

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
YAOMTC
Registered Member

Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:40 am
Decided against even having it as an option? It wouldn't even have to be default. :confused:
futwick
Registered Member

Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:22 pm
I hadn't noticed this feature in Winamp until I read this thread, but having just gone back and tried it out I think it is a good feature.  The fade in and out is so quick (I guess under 250ms) that you hardly notice it but it makes the Pause function 'feel' a lot smoother than an abrupt stop and start.

I can see the arguments on both sides, I can understand why some people would be against this but as YAOMTC said why not offer it as an option?

(And if fading is wrong on Pause why is it right on Stop?)