This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Feature Req : ID Tag Comments

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Lee Jordan

Feature Req : ID Tag Comments

Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:55 am
Another feature (forgive my feature creep push) which would be really nice would be the ability to tag certain songs with a time period to play, either in the ID Comment tags (maybe not so good an idea) or in an SQLite DB table? My experience with an interface to music has always been focused around powerful search and organisation tools to complie a playlist then I'd hardly ever touch the interface while listening to the playlist, apart from hardware keys on my keyboard. If my playlist ran out of songs I'd have to queue up some more. I'd rather have the jukebox choose songs for me based on the time of day, and/or day of the week.

Initially the feature should work with a user having to input a suitable time to play the current track, eventually amaroK could use the "last play" timestamp and average out a play time for each track. With this feature we could set up certain tracks to automagically appear enqued in the playlist based on the time of day (obviously with "mood-track" or some buzzword like that turned on). Public Houses (Pubs) and maybe Resturants used to have MC cassette tapes, and probably still have, for certain times of day, more relaxed early evening, picking up the tempo durring late evening early night and fading back to relaxing songs towards closing time. Having that on my desktop would be a killer feature of amaroK.

There was a Windows Winamp plugin which did something similar (non-free) and it would analyse each track sonicly to get a bpm or tempo, I'm not suggesting anything that complex,, the "last play" epoch is there already, so it would be one of those automagically things which just happens when turned on.

Lee
www.leejordan.org.uk