This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

1.2 Screenshots wanted

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
markey
KDE Developer
OS

1.2 Screenshots wanted

Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:54 pm
Heya,

hope you are all enjoying amaroK 1.2-beta1. Now we\'re in need of some really nice screenshots for the 1.2 folder.

If you think your amaroK looks funky, don\'t hesitate and send a screenie to me; I will post the best ones to the site. If possible try to show off some of the new features, and make it look really polished :)

address: markey@web.de

Cheers,

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
Marcel

Re:1.2 Screenshots wanted

Sat Nov 27, 2004 7:56 pm
I just compiled the recent beta1. Again nice work done, but the default amarok theme has some strange color choices.
Indeed the gradiental background is fast, but only grey and therefore not very i-candy. Also I do not like the pale-orange background of the album names in the context browser (as it soe not cover the whole background of the table section).
Also the actually marked menues in the context browsers are almost unreadable (black text on dark blue background).

BTW: The cover manager is not loading already existing covers anymore (while they are still displayed in the player itself).

Go on, cannot wait for the beta2!

Marcel
Marcel

Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:09 pm
Hupps, the upgrade ate up all my covers previously fetched. So there\'s no error in the cover manager, just a upgrading problem somehow.
muesli
KDE Developer

Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:47 pm
yup, all amazon covers will be lost, sorry. otoh, this shouldnt be thaaaaaat bad, since they have to be deleted every 90 days, anyway.

regards,
muesli
aries
Registered Member

Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:47 pm
Marcel wrote:
Hupps, the upgrade ate up all my covers previously fetched. So there\'s no error in the cover manager, just a upgrading problem somehow.

me too :(
But it totally a great work!

Here is my snapshots

Post edited by: aries1998, at: 2004/11/27 21:48
[img]http://imagine.51.net/down/files/20041127_dd.png[/img]

Post edited by: aries1998, at: 2004/11/27 21:50
Pizbit

Sat Nov 27, 2004 9:46 pm
I\'m that cool Gnome guy hanging out in #amarok because I never got kicked out(the devs need someone to abuse), and havn\'t left yet because I havn\'t been bothered.

But anyway, here\'s my desktop, awesome that it is.

http://img97.exs.cx/img97/5434/amarok-12-cvs-Gnome268.png

A pity the screenshot program took the shot at the very small time space in which the current track isn\'t that readible in the playlist, it actually looks great.
Max Howell
Alumni

Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:15 am
I plan to make the amarok classic theme far better this release, ie it will be a full theme.

How well it\'ll work with plastik is yet to be seen. Plastik is great but it doesn\'t work with dark colour schemes very well at all.
Marcel

Sun Nov 28, 2004 5:59 am
I played around a little with the color schemes (KDE and amaroK) and the weird thing is the marking in the context browser. Would be could to set that separately (seems to be calculated somehow, but leads into bad results in many times).
Problem with the menu tabs is, that it takes color information from both, KDE and amarok scheme, so the active tab uses amaroK, the inactive ones KDE scheme.

Sorry for more criticism, but the color chooser for the OSD also sucks. E.g use #474747 as background color.

But you are on a good way. AmaroK is really i-candy!

Marcel
sebr
brk3

Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:15 am
aries1998 - could you tell me what kde theme is that your using in your screenshot? It makes the title widgets look cool! B)
smart2128

Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:58 am
smart2128

Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:11 am
Sorry for low quality but I can upload only jpg < 200 kb.
If you like my shot I\'ll try to find another way to post it.
Bye
markey
KDE Developer
OS

Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:51 am
Great shot! Can you send a higher quality jpeg to me?

markey@web.de

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
smart2128

Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:58 am
OK. I sent a jpg and a png
Ciao
Nicolas Moreau