This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Annoying cover behaviour

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
brk3

Annoying cover behaviour

Sun Nov 28, 2004 5:50 am
Im using 1.2 cvs from yesterday. Was just wondering - is it using a different way of loading the album covers? Or if so what is the format it expects? Because I added quite a few new albums to my collection, but now, it seems to be setting alot of covers for the wrong albums. It seems to take one (the first one it loads up it seems) and set that to be the default for loads of other ones. Ive been trying to reset the proper covers to the proper albums manually using the cover manager but I have alot of songs and this is REALLY frustrating! I dunno.. how does it load the albums and is there a way i can make it more regular? I hate seeing the wrong cover showing up. Hope someone can look into this.

Thanks.
Max Howell
Alumni

Re:Annoying cover behaviour

Sun Nov 28, 2004 7:53 am
Grab new cvs, this is fixed.
brk3

Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:56 pm
Just got latest cvs, still happening.. I cant think why it\'s doing this, its taking one cover and setting it to loads of the wrong albums. :(
Each cover is in its own album folder so why are ones interfering with others? All the tracks are tagged perfectly with cddb retrieval.
Help!
brk3

Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:14 am
Hi,

Ok hold the phone ive found the problem!
I store my music on my windows partition(more space) and because of this I just use windows media player to rip it and tag it. When it fetches the covers it names them all \'folder.jpeg\'. So the fact that they\'re all the same name must have confused amarok. You might want to take this into account, though the chances of anyone else having that set up probably isnt too high!
Anyway its working fine now :)
mortiferus
Registered Member

Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:09 am
Actualy, you are not the only one with this problem (count me in :P ).
I understand that windows mediaplayer shows the cover automaticly if it is called folder.jpg, and maybe the XP filebrowser does something. But because of this it seams like calling the cover folder.jpg has becomed sort of a \"standard\".
muesli
KDE Developer

Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:13 am
finally fixed in cvs. thanks to madpenguin\'s help...

regards,
muesli