This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Audioscrobbler suggestions

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
kerb

Audioscrobbler suggestions

Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:56 pm
I\'m thrilled that Audioscrobbler has been integrated into Amarok, but I do have some suggestions.

One of them I believe is already fixed, that is that amarok didn\'t submit foreign characters properly to Audioscrobbler, but as I said this is supposedly fixed now.

Another is that usually Audioscrobbler returns reasons for why it\'s down, these or the appropriate errors (BADAUTH etc) so people know what is going on. (I know these are dumped to the terminal, but they should be displayed in the player as well.)

Also with the similar artists fetching, you should give us an option to filter only on the artists we have, or show everyone. I know what music I have so I don\'t really need to know if it is similar :)

Fetching lists of the top 5 all-time most popular songs by the artist you\'re playing could be neat as well.