This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Feature Request: Extended Queueing

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Chris403

Feature Request: Extended Queueing

Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:15 pm
Ok, i wanted to suggest to extend the features of the queueing a bit.

The first feature that would be nice is a button to remove all non-queued files from playlist.

Of course you can build up a playlist by just dragging in Songs that you want to listen to or by manually removing all others, but i think the queue can be used to do this alot more efficiently.

You can just queue the files you like (and it is easier, because you have the whole id3 tag information and the filter that you can use, to find the files that you want to listen to - I think the overview is alot better!) and then remove the rest.

That could be really useful. :-)

And another option to clear the whole queue would be very nice too.

Those two options could be in a submenu for the rightclick menu...

Futhermore it is currently not possible to redefine the shortcuts (ctrl + right click) for queueing... maybe rework this section too and add some more shortcut settings. :-)

The other feature request ( http://amarok.kde.org/component/option, ... 3/catid,9/ ) for queueing more than one file at the same time (if you selected several ones), matches perfectly to this request, imho.
Lasse Bigum
I like this first suggestion, and have an extra suggestion for the queue system as well.

When I\'m having a party, I often just let the playlist be visible, and let people pick songs to add to the playlist.

Some times people go crazy, and being able to clear the playlist as suggested in the first post would be nice.

Furthermore, some times it would just be nice to *what* people have queued, so that you might be able to remove some of them.

Like now you have \"Smart Playlists\", make a new one entitled \"Queued songs\" or something like it, and from this playlist, make it possible to clear all songs, or just remove some of them.

Thanks for a *truly fantastic* player otherwise, it seems even more stable and rocking with the new 1.3.2 release, no more skipping when scrolling through the songs.
Mike Diehl
Registered Member

Re:Feature Request: Extended Queueing

Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:38 am
Have you tried using the queue manager?
EvilGnome
Registered Member
I think it would be very useful to be able to transform queues <---> playlists easily. Maybe the queue manager could grow to include a "Save queue to playlist" tool. Also, I think a lot of people like queues because they like to keep their entire collections as the current playlist. In this case, it would be nice to allow the queueing of the contents of saved playlists, rather than ammending tracks ("Append to playlist") that are already in the current playlist, which is repetitive and ineffective if the entire collection is already loaded. Ideally, a "Queue playlist" option would not only queue the playlist's contents, but check for song doubling, so that one doesn't have multiple entries for files.

imported-patpi
Registered Member
EvilGnome wrote:I think it would be very useful to be able to transform queues <---> playlists easily. Maybe the queue manager could grow to include a "Save queue to playlist" tool. Also, I think a lot of people like queues because they like to keep their entire collections as the current playlist. In this case, it would be nice to allow the queueing of the contents of saved playlists, rather than ammending tracks ("Append to playlist") that are already in the current playlist, which is repetitive and ineffective if the entire collection is already loaded.

all this may be done better by Handy playlists by Woytaz (click link)
vote for it!  :biggrin: