This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Searching for Songs

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
xlr8r

Searching for Songs

Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:59 pm
hi.

when i search in my collection for let us say \"metallica sandman\", i get no results because amarok searches with
[code:1]\'where album.name like \"metallica sandman\" ...\' [/code:1]
wouldn\'t it be much better to itemize the searchstring to get results for
[code:1]\'where album.name like \"metallica\" or artist.name like \"metallica\" .... or album.name like \"sandman\" ....[/code:1]

this is more the way winamp queries the DB to get results.
why doesn\'t amarok uses the function QueryBuilder::addMatches to do this?
i think this wouldn\'t be too complicated. someone already doing this or should i do and write a patch on this issue ?
Chris403

Re:Searching for Songs

Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:53 pm
xlr8r wrote:
[code:1]\'where album.name like "metallica" or artist.name like "metallica" .... or album.name like "sandman" ....[/code:1]

nice idea, but dont you have to "AND"-connect the "OR" query for the first search string to the query of the second search string? So it just shows results which contain both elements...
muesli
KDE Developer

Re:Searching for Songs

Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:39 pm
well, actually it is queried by QueryBuilder, and therefore it\'s easy to change. but you are right. this behaviour would be preffered. i\'m going to change it some time soon. (before 1.2)

regards,
muesli