This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Feature Request: Improved Lyrics Search

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Charles Philip Chan
First, I must thank you for creating such a wonderful player :) . However, I think the lyrics search could be improved. I think it should search several different lyrics sites first and, if it couldn\'t find the song, offer a generic google search just like the Noatun lyrics plugin.

Thank you for your attention.
xatax
Registered Member
The lyrics page we use actualy has such a function on their web as \"Feeling Lucky with google\" but that is not shown in amaroK as it might cause some unwanted behaviour.
Charles Philip Chan
Registered Member
The lyrics page we use actualy has such a function on their web as \\"Feeling Lucky with google\\"

Yes. I know. I saw it on their page.

but that is not shown in amaroK as it might cause some unwanted behaviour.

I can understand that. Also, google\'s "I feel lucky" button is not very good.

However. IMHO, I think a "Search Provider" drop down list with multiple lyrics site defined and a google search option would be nice.
Phil
hello,

i like the amarok-app very much.

but i would really like to see the \"lyric search\" improved.

i often listen to sublime and ska/raggae/punk music too.

but nearly nothing is found with the default lyric-search-engine.
i know that there are many lyric-sites in the web, please let amarok use more than one.

thanks and keep on the good work

greetz

phil
Charles Philip Chan
Registered Member
> but nearly nothing is found with the default lyric-search-engine.
> i know that there are many lyric-sites in the web, please let amarok use more than one.

Ditto here. That is why I originally started this thread. I have must better luck with the lyrics plugin in Noatun.
Mathias
I run Amarok 1.3.6, and many lyrics are not found. But when I click \"run in a browser\", The lyric is found. The most often times, some capital letter is small in the lyric title.
Hope it\'ll be better in newer versions.
Regards
Mathias.
dangle_wtf

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"
Hans
Administrator
OS
Scriptable Lyrics Support

amaroK \'Fast Forward\' 1.4 beta1 released

Some of the highlights:

* Support for Metadata (Tags) in WMA, MP4/AAC and RealMedia (RA,RV,RM) files
* Scriptable lyrics support, amaroK can now get lyrics from ANY lyrics site (if you, or someone else, make a simple script-based plugin)
* Switchable Wikipedia locale
* The xine engine now has gapless playback (Needs xine-lib 1.1.1) and audio CD support with CDDB lookups
* Reworked media device system, the Apple® iPod® support has been improved enormously in the 1.4 series
* iRiver®/ifp and generic media devices are now also supported, though the latter one is still quite unstable
* Moodbar, a visual representation of your music\'s mood (requires exscalibar)
* Lots and lots of user interface improvements
* And last but not least increased stability by improved under-the-hood code

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts