This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Feature Request: Better playlist ha

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Ian Eure

Feature Request: Better playlist ha

Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:29 am
I\'d like to be able to work with playlists better.

E.g., I have a \'Work Mix\' playlist. I\'d like to be able to load it, manipulate it, and save it again. The only way to do this (that I have found) is:

1. Load playlist from the Playlists tab
2. Manipulate playlist
3. Go to Playlist -> Save As
4. Navigate to my Playlists directory
5. Select the correct playlist
6. Confirm that I want to overwrite it.

This seems like a lot of work. I know I can drag tracks onto the playlist and save it, but this is also a pain, since I can\'t drag stuff from the Collection tab; I have to add it to the current playlist first, then drag that to the right playlist in the playlists tab.
marcel
Registered Member
OS
So the thing you want is: Dragging tracks from the current playlist into a already saved one? You can already do this (I think at least since Version 1.0). You can add and remove tracks from existing playlists.
Adding tracks from the context browser slider to the existing playlist slider is not possible, how should that be done (from the programme design)?

On the other hand, it would be a nice thing to have the option to have two playlists on the right side to work with. One is marked as active and is played. You could then use the other one to create a new playlist and maybe switch between both.
But I am not sure if you really need such a feature very often.
Ian Eure
I guess what I\'m asking for is for the \'Current Playlist\' to not always be that, but to let me load an existing playlist, work with it, and save it back again.

The addition of \'Playlist -> Save\' (which saves the current playlist over top of the last loaded one) would cure most of my problems.