This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

aac/m4a tags

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Vincent
Registered Member

aac/m4a tags

Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:07 am
Hello all,

I just tried amarok 1.2beta2 and I am very happy to see that I can read the files I ripped with iTunes, using gstreamer (format: m4a). It\'s really great.

Only pbm: the tags. And it makes things difficult when there are plenty of tracks. Is there any plan on supporting the m4a tags? Is it Amarok\'s job or some other people? And who should I ask the question then?

Thanks again for your work,

Vincent
markey
KDE Developer
OS

Re:aac/m4a tags

Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:21 am
plagnol wrote:
Only pbm: the tags. And it makes things difficult when there are plenty of tracks. Is there any plan on supporting the m4a tags? Is it Amarok\'s job or some other people? And who should I ask the question then?

In amaroK tag reading is handled by TagLib.

If you want TagLib to support m4a, you should submit a wish for the product taglib on http://bugs.kde.org.

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
Vincent
Registered Member

Re:aac/m4a tags

Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:46 am
Thanks a lot,

I found a wish/bug which refers to this pbm:

Bug 89045: tag reading from m4a / acc files

I added some votes to convince the guys in chrage to change it.
I think it would be a useful feature.

Note that (I quote):
\"
rhythmbox 0.8.5 reads metadata from m4a without problem, so it is possible - but compared to amarok, rhythmbox is a very primitive tool i\'m not going to use, if possible ;-)
\"

Thanks for your fast reply,

Vincent