This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Feature request: advanced random play

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
chuckychesthair
I\'ve been using amarok for a while and the one thing I miss is random album play (I like listening to albums, not just tracks). But when I thought of it, I also thought that I was thinking about playing only tracks from 2004, sometimes I\'m in the mood for jazz, and so on.

So my feature request is not a new random button, but a \"configure random\" option, where you can set how you want random to work.

I\'m thinking of a dialog box like for toolbars, where you have all options you can choose (probably all ID3 fields) and the chosen options in the wanted order.

So if I have: \"year, album, artist\" it will play all albums from a certain year (and when it has played all albums from that year, it will go to the next year) and in the albums it will play the songs from the same artists one after the other. (this only works for compilation albums, of course)

This will allow only one \"random\" button, which will act like the current random if the random options are left empty and you have all the options to tailor it to every specific want for people that like their randomness to be different.

CC