This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

MoodLogic

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Jacob Gadikian
Registered Member

MoodLogic

Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:50 pm
I really feel that for media organisation, MoodLogic is the high water mark. With its metadata, I can tell it to play a \"happy song\", with a slow tempo. It also makes sorting by year very easy.

Also, is there any way to use the current MusicBrainz support to tag my media correctly? If there isn\'t, I\'d definately have to call that a feature request, and I can definately say that there\'s existing code to do that.

Really, though, if you developers have a copy of MoodLogic, I\'d definately say to check it out. Oh, also, I\'d love the ability to adjust my rating of a song. And to compare similar songs to help use the data from Audioscrobbler better. For example, if I could assign two songs as similar, Audioscrobbler could be informed (maybe) and then it would link the two of them, helping th ereccomendations engine. Also, even if AS was not informed of my thinking the two tracks were similar, I now have two sources for reccomendations for similar music.

MoodLogic works by having users fill out info on each song, rating it by a number of properties. Something like this could probably be managed with the databases that exist at Audioscrobbler. Is there talk around of stuff like this?

I\'m a linux newbie, and a very rusty C programmer, but is there a way for me to help achieve things like this with my skills as they are? Resarch? Design ideas? Really, I think that this \'ware rocks, but I also think that one of the most amazing features of it is being overlooked: by being able to compare music, I could potentially have really good playlists generated for me, like by using MoodLogic\'s Instant Mix feature, where it finds songs similar to a selected song and then makes them into a playlist for you.

Okay, lots of talk, hoping it made some sense. Can you tell I *really* like this software?