This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

mms support?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
joe

mms support?

Sat Jan 01, 2005 2:54 pm
Hey,
Let me first say I love the app. Was using xmms but was having probs with streaming media. Moved to mplayer which works, tried to using gmplayer for a better frontend but don\'t like it at all. Listen to mp3\'s from my pc or /talk radio at work and have to keep switching between apps is a pain. I was wondering if I am just being dense but can\'t seem to play mms urls from the app. Used the \"Add Media\"(mms://ccdig.liquidviewer.com/wgst) and get the following error:
[QObject::connect: Cannot connect QSignal::signal(const QVariant&) to (null):: (null)].

Looked through the forums and didn\'t see anything but one unanswered question, was hoping someone could give me a clue.
thanks
joe
eean
KDE Developer
OS

Re:mms support?

Sat Jan 01, 2005 4:09 pm
Which audio engine are you using? Try xine.

Amarok Developer
eean
KDE Developer
OS

double post

Sat Jan 01, 2005 4:09 pm
oops

Post edited by: eean, at: 2005/01/01 11:10

Amarok Developer
joe

Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:30 am
Using Gstreamer, only option currently...guessing will have to recompile. Will try tonight and see if it helps thanks again.
joe
eean
KDE Developer
OS

Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:23 am
Well, its likely that gstreamer has some sort of MMS plugin. But I don\'t know really. MMS was working for me when I tested it last night with xine.

Amarok Developer