This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

First impression

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Sebastian Schack

First impression

Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:53 am
Hey everyone!

First of all: great job! I\'ve tried amaroK some months back... saw it, laughed at it, deleted it.
Now I\'m using the latest beta with SuSe 9.1 and even after hours of using it I\'m still completely amazed!
Of course nothing could beat a portation of Apple\'s iTunes to Linux -- but firstly this does not (and I assume: will never) exist and secondly amaroK really is the next best think and if we\'re talking only about players for Linux really the best thing since bread came sliced... :)

However, there are two questions I\'d like to ask.

a) How can I contribute lyrics to the lyrics database. I don\'t really know where amaroK gets the lyrics it displays when I click the button from... but I think it doesn\'t just ask google for it.

b) Why can\'t amaroK count correctly? :)
When I add a song to the playlist and start playing it, amaroK shows me some information on the track itself and the album it is from in the left part of the window. Right now I\'m listening to \"No Legs\" from Adam Green (off of \"Friends Of Mine\"). This album has exactly 15 tracks. amaroK, however, seems to think it consists of 18 tracks \'cause in the left part of the window I can read \"Alben von Adam Green\" (probably \"Albums from Adam Green\" in the english version), and in the next line the album\'s cover, its title \"Friends Of Mine\" and the information \"18 tracks\".
The funny thing is that the album\'s tracks are listed right below that line. amaroK even numbered them... guess how many tracks are displayed. Right, 15.
Why, oh, why?
(If I described my problem just too complicated (I tend to do so), I\'d be happy (okay, that\'s a lie *g*) to make and post a screenshot of what I mean.
Hans
Administrator
OS

Re:First impression

Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:14 am
a) I\'ve got a link if no lyrics were found:

Lyrics not found.
Add Lyrics

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
muesli
KDE Developer

Re:First impression

Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:37 am
no 2) should be fixed in cvs...

...muesli