This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Making amaroK (optionaly) KDE independent

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
seppelrockt
Hi,

I like the amaroK player but I don`t want to install any KDE libaries etc. (Using Gentoo with Fluxbox) - so may there be any possibility to make amaroK work without any KDE deps? In my opinion this would make sense as a extra compile option (since KDE integration is a good thing for KDE users of course, and maybe amaroK aims to be a part of KDE-multimedia for the future) BUT I guess there is at least a (not so small) minority that likes amaroK as a \"XMMS-replacemant\" on alternative (small and fast) DEs / WMs. I personaly would acept the qt3 depency of cource and a little leck of features (dcop-stuff) when I can get amaroK up and runing without any KDE stuff.

What do you think about it (I would prefer a little discussion in the forum first, and depending on the result on could fill a feature request)?

And of course, a quaetion to the coders (I am not!) Is this very hard to be done, or might it be enough to disable some features and add some lines to the code?
muesli
KDE Developer
without any? no. still, there are only two deps:

kdelibs and taglib.

not that many libraries, is it?
...muesli